Hideo Kojima has announced that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360, gave fans of the series a glimpse of what to expect in a debut trailer and answered some queries on just what we can expect. Here’s a list of just the facts about Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
First unveiled in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, the new Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain trailer shows the fall of Mother Base and provides visual hints that unveil the connection between Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. The trailer also showcases the FOX Engine’s exceptional level of visual quality with seamless integration of gameplay and cut scenes.
- Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is an open-world title
- The game runs on the FOX engine and images were created using cameras and 3D scanners
- Snake has been in a 9 year coma and finds that he has lost a lot of his abilities
- David Hayter will not be voicing Snake
- Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes are separate games
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will act as a prologue to The Phantom Pain
- Kiefer Sutherland is speculated to voice Snake’s companion
- Hideki Sasaki and Yoji Shinkawa are both working on Metal Gear Solid 5
- Confirmed release for Xbox 360 and PS3. No current word on PC or next-gen consoles
“Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has been a phenomenal success and one of the most highly regarded titles of all time. As such, we have very high expectations for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain,” commented Shinji Hirano, President of Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We are confident that the FOX Engine will both expand and revolutionise the Metal Gear Solid series, and will provide the customary high-quality and immersive experiences that are associated with all titles produced by Kojima Productions.”
“It will be a new person, I can’t say who yet. What we’re trying to accomplish is to recreate the Metal Gear series. It’s a new type of Metal Gear game, and we want to have this reflected in the voice actor as well.” – Hideo Kojima on why Hayter won’t be voicing Snake.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Gameplay
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Gameplay Screenshots
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is scheduled for release on Xbox 360 and PS3.